Reinventing Rite Aid by Actively Working to Keep You Well.
We partnered with Rite Aid to redefine the brand through a powerful positioning — “Actively working with you to keep you well.” Our research into what consumers really wanted from their drugstores not only differentiated Rite Aid from its competition, it also addressed the needs of multiple target audiences — from busy moms to aging boomers to patients with multiple chronic conditions, employers and physicians.
We brought this positioning to life through an overarching strategy across four experiential pillars, developing key customer experiences to drive loyalty and growth.
- wellness+ Rewards Program - The first loyalty program in the category to reward customers with both savings and wellness benefits, with more than 25 million active members
- Wellness Store and Ambassadors - A reimagined store experience that redefined how the customer shops the drugstore, including first-in-the-industry Wellness Ambassadors that bridged the gap between the front of the store and the pharmacist.
- Pharmacy Experience - A refocused strategy that positioned the pharmacist (as one of the most trusted healthcare professionals) as a resource for personalized pharmacy care and immunizations.
- KidCents - Roundup program providing millions of dollars in charitable contributions to more than 400 local children’s charities across the communities Rite Aid serves.
"Actively working with you to keep you well" became the common thread that drove all of our marketing communications — from wellness+ to flu shots. The industry recognized it as the key to Rite Aid's turnaround story, and the results spoke for themselves.
- 10 consecutive quarters of positive net income with the highest stock price in 15 years and record EBITDA
- 40 million wellness+ loyalty members in the first 12 months
- Basket size for gold wellness+ members 4X greater than non-members
- 2,000 Wellness Stores with Wellness Ambassadors
- More than $50 million raised for children’s health and wellness
- 16.7% increase in year-over-year, same store flu shots